Today i ran out of diskspace on one of my systems that runs within a vmware session. The system disk only had 10 GB and I needed to add another 10 GB.
This is what i did:
- Extend the disk in offline mode by running the following command: C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware Workstation>vmware-vdiskmanager -x 20GB “C:\Users\Alex\Documents\Virtual Machines\Server 2003 – sysmanage\Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition-cl1.vmdk”
It then takes a while until the disk is expanded.
- Boot the system from WinPE 2.0
- I then ran the following commands: diskpart
- list disk
- list volume
- select volume=1 (in my case volume 1 is the volume that i had extended)
- Reboot the system and done.