The Windows 2003 Resource Kit contains a nice extension for the Active Directory Users and Computers console showing additional User Account information.
The additional user account information can be enabled by registering the acctinfo.dll as described below.
Follow the steps below to enable the additional user account information.
- Download the Windows 2003 Resource kit tools.
- Unpack / Install the Windows 2003 Resource Kit
- Copy the acctinfo.dll to c:\windows\system32
- Register the DLL by running the following command:
- Launch the Active Directory Users and Computers management console, then select a user object and select the Additional Account Info tab.
4 Replies to “Extending User Information in AD”
Is this trick still working in Win 7 32 bit ENG + RSAT?
If not – What I can use instead of it?
I haven’t tested this, but will try to do int the next days.
Haven’t found the time yet to test it myself, but ran some searches in google and found the following comment:
” did some repro work and have found that the acctinfo.dll seems to work fine on X86 Win7 RSAT. The tab won’t load on an x64 Win7″
More details here: